Founder of Love Wellness Lo Bosworth chatted with The Beet about her new company, daily mantra, and her favorite breakfast smoothie and go-to lunch from popular East Village restaurant, Souen.
In the interview, Lo includes the ingredients to the macro-plate, one of her favorite meals from Souen, East Village. “The microplate has squash, seaweed, broccoli, kale, and carrots. All the vegetables are steamed and it comes with a little bit of brown rice.” Lo also pointed out she loves the mushroom platter, which includes sliced avocado and steamed rice. These two recipes are nutrient-packed and only requires 10 minutes to make. As excited as Lo was to share her personal favorites with The Beet, we’re more excited to give you the full lunch recipe so you can make the microplate in your kitchen and enjoy the healthy plant-based meal in your cozy home.
If you haven’t read the full interview, click here to read it while you enjoy Lo’s favorite lunch. Bon appetite!
Macro-plate from Souen
- Steamed Squash
- Steamed Seaweed
- Steamed Broccolo
- Steamed Kale
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Sliced avocado (optional)
- In a large pot put in about 1/2 inch of water and turn to boil.
- Place an open steamer basket at the bottom of the pot and when the water is boiling drop in the vegetables. Cover leaving a slight opening at the top.
- When the vegetables turn bright red and soften slightly to a fork, al dente, reach in with tongs and be very careful of the steam in the pot remove the vegetables.
- Drop the vegetables into cold water in order to blanch them, this ensures that they will retain the nice bright coloring.
- Cook the rice. Scoop 1 cup of rice into a pot of water a dash of oil and a pinch of salt.
- Drain the rice.
- Combine veggies and rice on the platter.