These Gluten-Free Banana Muffins are fluffy, vegan, and have the perfect little muffin top. They are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack. If you have three brown spotted bananas on your counter, you are already halfway there to creating these yummy vegan muffins.
Banana Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax meal with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour, gluten free
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas (medium-sized)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. And line a muffin tin with 10 liners. Set aside
- Prepare the flax egg by adding 1 tablespoon of flax meal with 3 tablespoons of water. Set aside for ten minutes, until a yolky consistency has formed. Melt the coconut oil over low heat and set aside.
- Combine the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to a bowl and whisk together.
- In a food processor, pulse the ripe bananas until somewhat smooth. Stream in the coconut oil, vanilla, coconut sugar, and the flax egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until thoroughly combined (option to add in chocolate chips here if that’s your thing).
- Add equal amounts of the batter to 10 muffin tins. Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes. Then turn down the oven to 350ºF for 17 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer the muffins to a cooling rack.
- Let cool completely before eating. Store in a sealed container for 5 days.