In the initial weeks of the lockdown, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja was quarantining in her home in New Delhi with her husband, Anand Ahuja. During this period, she was seen whipping up many delicious (and healthy) treats for her family, one of which were a batch of healthy double chocolate chunk cookies at home.“I experimented with them…and they came out super nice,” she revealed in her stories on Instagram. Making sure that all her fans can also try the recipe at home, she even shared the step-by-step process on her stories. If you’re looking for the perfect chocolate chip cookie to end your meals with, here’s how you can recreate it at home.
1. Take a bowl and add the gluten-free all purpose flour, cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Mix them all together.
2. In a separate bowl, add the brown sugar, coconut sugar, almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract and water. Mix them all together.
3. Now, mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together.
4. Roughly chop the dark chocolate into small pieces.
5. Gently fold the chocolate chunks into the mixture.
6. Cover the mix and refrigerate for an hour.
7. Take out the mix and pre-heat the oven to 175° celsius.
8. Make exactly eight cookie dough rounds and place them on the baking tray.
9. Place the tray on the bottom or second last row and let the cookies bake for 12-15 minutes.
10. Take the cookies out and let them cool for 10-15 minutes before enjoying.