This light vegetarian recipe from Booths is a great midweek meal dish, as it only takes a few minutes to prepare and cook, and uses three flavours that always work brilliantly together –garlic, lemon and chilli.
Three cloves garlic, sliced
One Savoy cabbage, core removed and shredded
1. Heat the lemon oil over a medium heat in a sauté pan.
2. Add the garlic and chili and cook for two minutes.
3. Add the shredded cabbage and cook, lid on for eight minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Cook the pasta as per pack instructions, drain and keep warm.
5. Season the cabbage with salt and pepper.
Toss the cabbage through the pasta and serve in warmed pasta bowls.
6. Drizzle over extra lemon oil and enjoy.
To adapt this recipe for meat eaters, add 100g saluted pancetta cubes.
This dish is perfect for used as a side dish for a summer Sunday roast, just omit the pasta.